• Medicine Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A philter or love potion.
- (v. t.) To give medicine to; to affect as a medicine does; to remedy; to cure.
- (n.) A physician.
- (n.) Any substance administered in the treatment of disease; a remedial agent; a remedy; physic.
- (n.) The science which relates to the prevention, cure, or alleviation of disease.
- (n.) Short for Medicine man.
- (n.) Hence, a similar object or agency among other savages.
- (n.) Among the North American Indians, any object supposed to give control over natural or magical forces, to act as a protective charm, or to cause healing; also, magical power itself; the potency which a charm, token, or rite is supposed to exert.
- (n.) Intoxicating liquor; drink.