• Mending Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Mend
• Mend Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To alter for the better; to set right; to reform; hence, to quicken; as, to mend ones manners or pace.
- (v. t.) To help, to advance, to further; to add to.
- (v. i.) To grow better; to advance to a better state; to become improved.
- (v. t.) To repair, as anything that is torn, broken, defaced, decayed, or the like; to restore from partial decay, injury, or defacement; to patch up; to put in shape or order again; to re-create; as, to mend a garment or a machine.