• Oar Definition & Synonyms
- (n) An oarsman; a rower; as, he is a good oar.
- (n) An oarlike swimming organ of various invertebrates.
- (v. t. & i.) To row.
- (n) An implement for impelling a boat, being a slender piece of timber, usually ash or spruce, with a grip or handle at one end and a broad blade at the other. The part which rests in the rowlock is called the loom.
• Oarfish Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The ribbon fish.
• Oarlock Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The notch, fork, or other device on the gunwale of a boat, in which the oar rests in rowing. See Rowlock.