• Orientation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The tendency of a revolving body, when suspended in a certain way, to bring the axis of rotation into parallelism with the earths axis.
- (n.) Fig.: A return to first principles; an orderly arrangement.
- (n.) An aspect or fronting to the east; especially (Arch.), the placing of a church so that the chancel, containing the altar toward which the congregation fronts in worship, will be on the east end.
- (n.) The act or process of orientating; determination of the points of the compass, or the east point, in taking bearings.