• Other Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Otherwise.
- (pron. & a.) Left, as opposed to right.
- (pron. & a.) Alternate; second; -- used esp. in connection with every; as, every other day, that is, each alternate day, every second day.
- (pron. & a.) Not this, but the contrary; opposite; as, the other side of a river.
- (pron. & a.) Different from that which, or the one who, has been specified; not the same; not identical; additional; second of two.
- (conj.) Either; -- used with other or or for its correlative (as either . . . or are now used).
• Otherwise Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In different circumstances; under other conditions; as, I am engaged, otherwise I would accept.
- (adv.) In other respects.
- (adv.) In a different manner; in another way, or in other ways; differently; contrarily.