• Outward Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the outer surface or to what is external; manifest; public.
- (n.) External form; exterior.
- (a.) Tending to the exterior or outside.
- (a.) Foreign; not civil or intestine; as, an outward war.
- (a.) Forming the superficial part; external; exterior; -- opposed to inward; as, an outward garment or layer.
- (adv.) Alt. of Outwards
• Outwards Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) See Outward, adv.
- (adv.) From the interior part; in a direction from the interior toward the exterior; out; to the outside; beyond; off; away; as, a ship bound outward.