• Pale Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A space or field having bounds or limits; a limited region or place; an inclosure; -- often used figuratively.
- (n.) A cheese scoop.
- (n.) One of the greater ordinaries, being a broad perpendicular stripe in an escutcheon, equally distant from the two edges, and occupying one third of it.
- (v. i.) To turn pale; to lose color or luster.
- (n.) A stripe or band, as on a garment.
- (n.) That which incloses or fences in; a boundary; a limit; a fence; a palisade.
- (n.) A pointed stake or slat, either driven into the ground, or fastened to a rail at the top and bottom, for fencing or inclosing; a picket.
- (v. i.) Not bright or brilliant; of a faint luster or hue; dim; as, the pale light of the moon.
- (v. i.) Wanting in color; not ruddy; dusky white; pallid; wan; as, a pale face; a pale red; a pale blue.
- (n.) Paleness; pallor.
- (n.) A shore for bracing a timber before it is fastened.
- (v. t.) To make pale; to diminish the brightness of.
- (v. t.) To inclose with pales, or as with pales; to encircle; to encompass; to fence off.
• Palenque Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) A collective name for the Indians of Nicaragua and Honduras.
• Palea Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pendulous process of the skin on the throat of a bird, as in the turkey; a dewlap.
- (n.) One of the chaffy scales or bractlets growing on the receptacle of many compound flowers, as the Coreopsis, the sunflower, etc.
- (n.) The interior chaff or husk of grasses.