• Passive Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Receiving or enduring without either active sympathy or active resistance; without emotion or excitement; patient; not opposing; unresisting; as, passive obedience; passive submission.
- (a.) Inactive; inert; not showing strong affinity; as, red phosphorus is comparatively passive.
- (a.) Designating certain morbid conditions, as hemorrhage or dropsy, characterized by relaxation of the vessels and tissues, with deficient vitality and lack of reaction in the affected tissues.
- (a.) Not active, but acted upon; suffering or receiving impressions or influences; as, they were passive spectators, not actors in the scene.
• Passively Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) As a passive verb; in the passive voice.
- (adv.) In a passive manner; inertly; unresistingly.
• Passive flight Definition & Synonyms
- () Flight, such as gliding and soaring, accomplished without the use of motive power.