• Patronage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The right of nomination to political office; also, the offices, contracts, honors, etc., which a public officer may bestow by favor.
- (n.) Guardianship, as of a saint; tutelary care.
- (v. t.) To act as a patron of; to maintain; to defend.
- (n.) Special countenance or support; favor, encouragement, or aid, afforded to a person or a work; as, the patronage of letters; patronage given to an author.
- (n.) Business custom.
- (n.) The right of presentation to church or ecclesiastical benefice; advowson.