• Persuasion Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of persuading; the act of influencing the mind by arguments or reasons offered, or by anything that moves the mind or passions, or inclines the will to a determination.
- (n.) That which persuades; a persuasive.
- (n.) A creed or belief; a sect or party adhering to a certain creed or system of opinions; as, of the same persuasion; all persuasions are agreed.
- (n.) The state of being persuaded or convinced; settled opinion or conviction, which has been induced.
- (n.) The power or quality of persuading; persuasiveness.