• Phlegm Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Sluggishness of temperament; dullness; want of interest; indifference; coldness.
- (a.) Viscid mucus secreted in abnormal quantity in the respiratory and digestive passages.
- (a.) A watery distilled liquor, in distinction from a spirituous liquor.
- (a.) One of the four humors of which the ancients supposed the blood to be composed. See Humor.
• Phlegmonous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the nature or properties of phlegmon; as, phlegmonous pneumonia.
• Phlegmaticly Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Phlegmatically.