• Pip Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the conventional figures or "spots" on playing cards, dominoes, etc.
- (n.) A seed, as of an apple or orange.
- (n.) A contagious disease of fowls, characterized by hoarseness, discharge from the nostrils and eyes, and an accumulation of mucus in the mouth, forming a "scale" on the tongue. By some the term pip is restricted to this last symptom, the disease being called roup by them.
- (v. i.) To cry or chirp, as a chicken; to peep.
• Pipa Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The Surinam toad (Pipa Americana), noted for its peculiar breeding habits.