• Plot Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To form a scheme of mischief against another, especially against a government or those who administer it; to conspire.
- (v. i.) To contrive a plan or stratagem; to scheme.
- (n.) A plan; a purpose.
- (n.) A plantation laid out.
- (n.) A plan or draught of a field, farm, estate, etc., drawn to a scale.
- (n.) A share in such a plot or scheme; a participation in any stratagem or conspiracy.
- (v. t.) To make a plot, map, pr plan, of; to mark the position of on a plan; to delineate.
- (v. t.) To plan; to scheme; to devise; to contrive secretly.
- (n.) Any scheme, stratagem, secret design, or plan, of a complicated nature, adapted to the accomplishment of some purpose, usually a treacherous and mischievous one; a conspiracy; an intrigue; as, the Rye-house Plot.
- (n.) A small extent of ground; a plat; as, a garden plot.
- (n.) Contrivance; deep reach of thought; ability to plot or intrigue.
- (n.) In fiction, the story of a play, novel, romance, or poem, comprising a complication of incidents which are gradually unfolded, sometimes by unexpected means.
• Plotinist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A disciple of Plotinus, a celebrated Platonic philosopher of the third century, who taught that the human soul emanates from the divine Being, to whom it reunited at death.
• Plotter Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who plots or schemes; a contriver; a conspirator; a schemer.