• Pod Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To swell; to fill; also, to produce pods.
- (n.) A bag; a pouch.
- (n.) A considerable number of animals closely clustered together; -- said of seals.
- (n.) A capsule of plant, especially a legume; a dry dehiscent fruit. See Illust. of Angiospermous.
• Podded Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having pods.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Pod
• Podophthalmous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having the eyes on movable footstalks, or pedicels.
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Podophthalmia.
• Podophyllous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pertaining to, or composing, the layer of tissue, made up of laminae, beneath a horses hoof.
- (a.) Having thin, flat, leaflike locomotive organs.