• Precent Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any commandment, instruction, or order intended as an authoritative rule of action; esp., a command respecting moral conduct; an injunction; a rule.
- (n.) A command in writing; a species of writ or process.
• Precentor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The leader of the choir in a cathedral; -- called also the chanter or master of the choir.
- (n.) The leader of the congregational singing in Scottish and other churches.
- (n.) A leader of a choir; a directing singer.
• Precentorship Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The office of a precentor.