• Presidencies Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Presidency
• Presidency Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the three great divisions of British India, the Bengal, Madras, and Bombay Presidencies, each of which had a council of which its governor was president.
- (n.) The office of president; as, Washington was elected to the presidency.
- (n.) The function or condition of one who presides; superintendence; control and care.
- (n.) The term during which a president holds his office; as, during the presidency of Madison.