• Professional Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a profession, or calling; conforming to the rules or standards of a profession; following a profession; as, professional knowledge; professional conduct.
- (a.) Engaged in by professionals; as, a professional race; -- opposed to amateur.
- (n.) A person who prosecutes anything professionally, or for a livelihood, and not in the character of an amateur; a professional worker.
• Professionally Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a professional manner or capacity; by profession or calling; in the exercise of ones profession; one employed professionally.
• Professionalist Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) professional person.