• Profited Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Profit
• Profit Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be of use or advantage; to do or bring good.
- (n.) To be of service to; to be good to; to help on; to benefit; to advantage; to avail; to aid; as, truth profits all men.
- (n.) Accession of good; valuable results; useful consequences; benefit; avail; gain; as, an office of profit,
- (v. i.) To gain advantage; to make improvement; to improve; to gain; to advance.
- (n.) Acquisition beyond expenditure; excess of value received for producing, keeping, or selling, over cost; hence, pecuniary gain in any transaction or occupation; emolument; as, a profit on the sale of goods.