• Protector Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, defends or shields from injury, evil, oppression, etc.; a defender; a guardian; a patron.
- (n.) One having the care of the kingdom during the kings minority; a regent.
- (n.) A cardinal, from one of the more considerable Roman Catholic nations, who looks after the interests of his people at Rome; also, a cardinal who has the same relation to a college, religious order, etc.
• Protectorless Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Having no protector; unprotected.
• Protectorship Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The office of a protector or regent; protectorate.