• Provoke Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To cause provocation or anger.
- (v. i.) To appeal. [A Latinism]
- (v. t.) To call forth; to call into being or action; esp., to incense to action, a faculty or passion, as love, hate, or ambition; hence, commonly, to incite, as a person, to action by a challenge, by taunts, or by defiance; to exasperate; to irritate; to offend intolerably; to cause to retaliate.
• Provoked Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Provoke
• Provokement Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act that which, provokes; one who excites anger or other passion, or incites to action; as, a provoker of sedition.