• Proxy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The person who is substituted or deputed to act or vote for another.
- (n.) A writing by which one person authorizes another to vote in his stead, as in a corporation meeting.
- (n.) The written appointment of a proctor in suits in the ecclesiastical courts.
- (n.) The agency for another who acts through the agent; authority to act for another, esp. to vote in a legislative or corporate capacity.
- (v. i.) To act or vote by proxy; to do anything by the agency of another.
- (n.) See Procuration.
• Proxyship Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The office or agency of a proxy.