• Pushing Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Pressing forward in business; enterprising; driving; energetic; also, forward; officious, intrusive.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Push
• Push Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A crowd; a company or clique of associates; a gang.
- (v. i.) To make an advance, attack, or effort; to be energetic; as, a man must push in order to succeed.
- (v. i.) To make a thrust; to shove; as, to push with the horns or with a sword.
- (v. t.) To importune; to press with solicitation; to tease.
- (n.) A thrust with a pointed instrument, or with the end of a thing.
- (n.) The faculty of overcoming obstacles; aggressive energy; as, he has push, or he has no push.
- (v. t.) To press or urge forward; to drive; to push an objection too far.
- (n.) A pustule; a pimple.
- (v. i.) To burst pot, as a bud or shoot.
- (v. t.) To thrust the points of the horns against; to gore.
- (v. t.) To bear hard upon; to perplex; to embarrass.
- (v. t.) To press against with force; to drive or impel by pressure; to endeavor to drive by steady pressure, without striking; -- opposed to draw.
- (n.) Any thrust. pressure, impulse, or force, or force applied; a shove; as, to give the ball the first push.
- (n.) An assault or attack; an effort; an attempt; hence, the time or occasion for action.
, Push button