• Quantity Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The attribute of being so much, and not more or less; the property of being measurable, or capable of increase and decrease, multiplication and division; greatness; and more concretely, that which answers the question "How much?"; measure in regard to bulk or amount; determinate or comparative dimensions; measure; amount; bulk; extent; size.
- (n.) The extent or extension of a general conception, that is, the number of species or individuals to which it may be applied; also, its content or comprehension, that is, the number of its constituent qualities, attributes, or relations.
- (n.) That which can be increased, diminished, or measured; especially (Math.), anything to which mathematical processes are applicable.
- (v. t.) To modify or qualify with respect to quantity; to fix or express the quantity of; to rate.
- (n.) The relative duration of a tone.
- (n.) A determinate or estimated amount; a sum or bulk; a certain portion or part; sometimes, a considerable amount; a large portion, bulk, or sum; as, a medicine taken in quantities, that is, in large quantities.
- (n.) The measure of a syllable; that which determines the time in which it is pronounced; as, the long or short quantity of a vowel or syllable.