• Questioning Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Question
• Question Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Hence, a subject of investigation, examination, or debate; theme of inquiry; matter to be inquired into; as, a delicate or doubtful question.
- (n.) Discussion; debate; hence, objection; dispute; doubt; as, the story is true beyond question; he obeyed without question.
- (v. t.) To raise a question about; to call in question; to make objection to.
- (n.) Examination with reference to a decisive result; investigation; specifically, a judicial or official investigation; also, examination under torture.
- (v. t.) To inquire of by asking questions; to examine by interrogatories; as, to question a witness.
- (n.) To ask questions; to inquire.
- (n.) Talk; conversation; speech; speech.
- (v. t.) To talk to; to converse with.
- (n.) The act of asking; interrogation; inquiry; as, to examine by question and answer.
- (n.) That which is asked; inquiry; interrogatory; query.
- (v. t.) To doubt of; to be uncertain of; to query.
- (n.) To argue; to converse; to dispute.