• Recoiled Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Recoil
• Recoil Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To draw or go back.
- (n.) The state or condition of having recoiled.
- (n.) Specifically, the reaction or rebounding of a firearm when discharged.
- (v. i.) To draw back, as from anything repugnant, distressing, alarming, or the like; to shrink.
- (v. i.) To turn or go back; to withdraw ones self; to retire.
- (v. i.) To start, roll, bound, spring, or fall back; to take a reverse motion; to be driven or forced backward; to return.
- (n.) A starting or falling back; a rebound; a shrinking; as, the recoil of nature, or of the blood.