• Remarking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Remark
• Remark Definition & Synonyms
- () A print or proof so distinguished; -- commonly called a Remarque proof.
- () A small design etched on the margin of a plate and supposed to be removed after the earliest proofs have been taken; also, any feature distinguishing a particular stage of the plate.
- (n.) Act of remarking or attentively noticing; notice or observation.
- (n.) To take notice of, or to observe, mentally; as, to remark the manner of a speaker.
- (n.) To express in words or writing, as observed or noticed; to state; to say; -- often with a substantive clause; as, he remarked that it was time to go.
- (v. i.) To make a remark or remarks; to comment.
- (n.) The expression, in speech or writing, of something remarked or noticed; the mention of that which is worthy of attention or notice; hence, also, a casual observation, comment, or statement; as, a pertinent remark.
- (n.) To mark in a notable manner; to distinquish clearly; to make noticeable or conspicuous; to piont out.