• Resenting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Resent
• Resent Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To express or exhibit displeasure or indignation at, as by words or acts.
- (v. t.) In a good sense, to take well; to receive with satisfaction.
- (v. t.) To recognize; to perceive, especially as if by smelling; -- associated in meaning with sent, the older spelling of scent to smell. See Resent, v. i.
- (v. t.) To be sensible of; to feel
- (v. i.) To feel resentment.
- (v. i.) To give forth an odor; to smell; to savor.
- (v. t.) In a bad sense, to take ill; to consider as an injury or affront; to be indignant at.
• Resentingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) With a sense of wrong or affront; with resentment.
- (adv.) With deep sense or strong perception.