• Respiting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Respite
• Respite Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To give or grant a respite to.
- (n.) A putting off of that which was appointed; a postponement or delay.
- (n.) Temporary intermission of labor, or of any process or operation; interval of rest; pause; delay.
- (n.) The delay of appearance at court granted to a jury beyond the proper term.
- (n.) To relieve by a pause or interval of rest.
- (n.) To delay or postpone; to put off.
- (n.) To keep back from execution; to reprieve.
- (n.) Temporary suspension of the execution of a capital offender; reprieve.