Rest Meaning in Urdu
Rest meaning in English to Urdu is آرام کرنا (Araam karna). Rest synonym words are included Breathe, Ease, Lie, Perch, Pillow, Quietus, Relaxation, Relief, Remain, Remainder, Repose, Reside, Residual, Residue, Residuum, Respite, Roost, Sleep, Stay. Similar words of Rest are also commonly used in daily talk like as Restaurant, Restitution, and Restive.
- All that the rest of us can do is to point out what is the matter.
- Has she been taking rest for a while ?.
- Has she come here to take rest ?.
Similar Words with Urdu Meaning
Rest Definition & Meaning in English
- (n.) A state of quiet or repose; a cessation from motion or labor; tranquillity; as, rest from mental exertion; rest of body or mind.
- (n.) To stand firm; to be fixed; to be supported; as, a column rests on its pedestal.
- (n.) To cease from action or motion, especially from action which has caused weariness; to desist from labor or exertion.
- (n.) Sleep; slumber; hence, poetically, death.
- (n.) That which is left, or which remains after the separation of a part, either in fact or in contemplation; remainder; residue.
- (v. t.) To arrest.
- (n.) To be free from whanever wearies or disturbs; to be quiet or still.
- (n.) That on which anything rests or leans for support; as, a rest in a lathe, for supporting the cutting tool or steadying the work.
- (n.) A surplus held as a reserved fund by a bank to equalize its dividends, etc.; in the Bank of England, the balance of assets above liabilities.
- (n.) A projection from the right side of the cuirass, serving to support the lance.
- (n.) A place where one may rest, either temporarily, as in an inn, or permanently, as, in an abode.
- (n.) To sleep; to slumber; hence, poetically, to be dead.
- (n.) Hence, freedom from everything which wearies or disturbs; peace; security.
- (n.) To lean in confidence; to trust; to rely; to repose without anxiety; as, to rest on a mans promise.
- (n.) The striking of a balance at regular intervals in a running account.
- (n.) A set or game at tennis.
- (n.) Those not included in a proposition or description; the remainder; others.
- (v. t.) To lay or place at rest; to quiet.
- (n.) To lie; to repose; to recline; to lan; as, to rest on a couch.
- (n.) Silence in music or in one of its parts; the name of the character that stands for such silence. They are named as notes are, whole, half, quarter,etc.
- (v. i.) To be left; to remain; to continue to be.
- (v. t.) To place, as on a support; to cause to lean.
- (n.) A short pause in reading verse; a c/sura.
- (n.) To be satisfied; to acquiesce.
Rest Urdu Meaning with Definition
Rest is an English word that is used in many sentences in different contexts. Rest meaning in Urdu is a آرام کرنا - Araam karna. Rest word is driven by the English language. Rest word meaning in English is well described here in English as well as in Urdu. You can use this amazing English to Urdu dictionary online to check the meaning of other words too as the word Rest meaning.
Finding the exact meaning of any word online is a little tricky. There is more than 1 meaning of each word. However the meaning of Rest stated above is reliable and authentic. It can be used in various sentences and Rest word synonyms are also given on this page. Dictionary is a helpful tool for everyone who wants to learn a new word or wants to find the meaning. This English to Urdu dictionary online is easy to use and carry in your pocket. Similar to the meaning of Rest, you can check other words' meanings as well by searching it online.
Top Search Words Meaning In Urdu
Rest Meaning in Different Languages
Browse English Words by Alphabets
Multi Language Dictionary