• Retard Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To put off; to postpone; as, to retard the attacks of old age; to retard a rupture between nations.
- (v. i.) To stay back.
- (n.) Retardation; delay.
- (v. t.) To keep delaying; to continue to hinder; to prevent from progress; to render more slow in progress; to impede; to hinder; as, to retard the march of an army; to retard the motion of a ship; -- opposed to accelerate.
• Retarding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Retard
• Retardative Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Tending, or serving, to retard.