• Revoking Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Revoke
• Revoke Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To call back to mind; to recollect.
- (v. t.) To hold back; to repress; to restrain.
- (n.) The act of revoking.
- (v. i.) To fail to follow suit when holding a card of the suit led, in violation of the rule of the game; to renege.
- (v. t.) Hence, to annul, by recalling or taking back; to repeal; to rescind; to cancel; to reverse, as anything granted by a special act; as, , to revoke a will, a license, a grant, a permission, a law, or the like.
- (v. t.) To call or bring back; to recall.
- (v. t.) To draw back; to withdraw.
• Revokingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) By way of revocation.