• Robed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Robe
• Rob Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To take that which belongs to another, without right or permission, esp. by violence.
- (v. t.) To take the property of (any one) from his person, or in his presence, feloniously, and against his will, by violence or by putting him in fear.
- (v. t.) To take (something) away from by force; to strip by stealing; to plunder; to pillage; to steal from.
- (v. t.) To deprive of, or withhold from, unjustly or injuriously; to defraud; as, to rob one of his rest, or of his good name; a tree robs the plants near it of sunlight.
- (n.) The inspissated juice of ripe fruit, obtained by evaporation of the juice over a fire till it acquires the consistence of a sirup. It is sometimes mixed with honey or sugar.
• Robe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To invest with a robe or robes; to dress; to array; as, fields robed with green.
- (v. t.) An outer garment; a dress of a rich, flowing, and elegant style or make; hence, a dress of state, rank, office, or the like.
- (v. t.) A skin of an animal, especially, a skin of the bison, dressed with the fur on, and used as a wrap.