• Rotate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To cause to turn round or revolve, as a wheel around an axle.
- (a.) Having the parts spreading out like a wheel; wheel-shaped; as, a rotate spicule or scale; a rotate corolla, i.e., a monopetalous corolla with a flattish border, and no tube or a very short one.
- (v. i.) To perform any act, function, or operation in turn, to hold office in turn; as, to rotate in office.
- (v. i.) To cause to succeed in turn; esp., to cause to succeed some one, or to be succeeded by some one, in office.
- (v. i.) To turn, as a wheel, round an axis; to revolve.
• Rotated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Turned round, as a wheel; also, wheel-shaped; rotate.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rotate