• Rouging Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Rouge
• Rouge Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To paint the face or cheeks with rouge.
- (n.) A cosmetic used for giving a red color to the cheeks or lips. The best is prepared from the dried flowers of the safflower, but it is often made from carmine.
- (n.) A red amorphous powder consisting of ferric oxide. It is used in polishing glass, metal, or gems, and as a cosmetic, etc. Called also crocus, jewelers rouge, etc.
- (a.) red.
- (v. t.) To tint with rouge; as, to rouge the face or the cheeks.