• Rummaged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Rummage
• Rummage Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make room in, as a ship, for the cargo; to move about, as packages, ballast, so as to permit close stowage; to stow closely; to pack; -- formerly written roomage, and romage.
- (n.) A searching carefully by looking into every corner, and by turning things over.
- (n.) A place or room for the stowage of cargo in a ship; also, the act of stowing cargo; the pulling and moving about of packages incident to close stowage; -- formerly written romage.
- (v. t.) To search or examine thoroughly by looking into every corner, and turning over or removing goods or other things; to examine, as a book, carefully, turning over leaf after leaf.
- (v. i.) To search a place narrowly.