• Runaway Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of running away, esp. of a horse or teams; as, there was a runaway yesterday.
- (n.) One who, or that which, flees from danger, duty, restraint, etc.; a fugitive.
- (a.) Accomplished by running away or elopement, or during flight; as, a runaway marriage.
- (a.) Won by a long lead; as, a runaway victory.
- (a.) Running away; fleeing from danger, duty, restraint, etc.; as, runaway soldiers; a runaway horse.
- (a.) Very successful; accomplishing success quickly; as, a runaway bestseller.