• Safe Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A place for keeping things in safety.
- (superl.) Free from harm, injury, or risk; untouched or unthreatened by danger or injury; unharmed; unhurt; secure; whole; as, safe from disease; safe from storms; safe from foes.
- (v. t.) To render safe; to make right.
- (superl.) Conferring safety; securing from harm; not exposing to danger; confining securely; to be relied upon; not dangerous; as, a safe harbor; a safe bridge, etc.
- (n.) A ventilated or refrigerated chest or closet for securing provisions from noxious animals or insects.
- (n.) A strong and fireproof receptacle (as a movable chest of steel, etc., or a closet or vault of brickwork) for containing money, valuable papers, or the like.
- (superl.) Incapable of doing harm; no longer dangerous; in secure care or custody; as, the prisoner is safe.
• Safe-conduct Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To conduct safely; to give safe-conduct to.
- (n.) a convoy or guard to protect a person in an enemys country or a foreign country
- (n.) That which gives a safe passage
- (n.) a writing, pass, or warrant of security, given to a person to enable him to travel with safety.
• Safeness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being safe; freedom from hazard, danger, harm, or loss; safety; security; as the safeness of an experiment, of a journey, or of a possession.