• Sally Definition & Synonyms
- (v.) Transgression of the limits of soberness or steadiness; act of levity; wild gayety; frolic; escapade.
- (v.) A rushing or bursting forth; a quick issue; a sudden eruption; specifically, an issuing of troops from a place besieged to attack the besiegers; a sortie.
- (v.) An excursion from the usual track; range; digression; deviation.
- (v. i.) To leap or rush out; to burst forth; to issue suddenly; as a body of troops from a fortified place to attack besiegers; to make a sally.
- (v.) A flight of fancy, liveliness, wit, or the like; a flashing forth of a quick and active mind.
- (v.) A leaping forth; a darting; a spring.
• Sally Lunn Definition & Synonyms
- () A tea cake slighty sweetened, and raised with yeast, baked in the form of biscuits or in a thin loaf, and eaten hot with butter.