• Saturnalia Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) Hence: A period or occasion of general license, in which the passions or vices have riotous indulgence.
- (n. pl.) The festival of Saturn, celebrated in December, originally during one day, but afterward during seven days, as a period of unrestrained license and merriment for all classes, extending even to the slaves.
• Saturnalian Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to the Saturnalia.
- (a.) Of unrestrained and intemperate jollity; riotously merry; dissolute.