• Scab Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any one of various more or less destructive fungus diseases attacking cultivated plants, and usually forming dark-colored crustlike spots.
- (n.) A nickname for a workman who engages for lower wages than are fixed by the trades unions; also, for one who takes the place of a workman on a strike.
- (n.) A slight irregular protuberance which defaces the surface of a casting, caused by the breaking away of a part of the mold.
- (n.) The mange, esp. when it appears on sheep.
- (n.) A mean, dirty, paltry fellow.
- (n.) A disease of potatoes producing pits in their surface, caused by a minute fungus (Tiburcinia Scabies).
- (n.) The itch in man; also, the scurvy.
- (v. i.) To become covered with a scab; as, the wound scabbed over.
- (n.) An incrustation over a sore, wound, vesicle, or pustule, formed by the drying up of the discharge from the diseased part.
• Scabling Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A fragment or chip of stone.
• Scabbing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Scab