• Scan Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To mount by steps; to go through with step by step.
• Scantily Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a scanty manner; not fully; not plentifully; sparingly; parsimoniously.
• Scantling Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) A rough draught; a rude sketch or outline.
- (a.) Not plentiful; small; scanty.
- (v. t.) A piece of timber sawed or cut of a small size, as for studs, rails, etc.
- (v. t.) The dimensions of a piece of timber with regard to its breadth and thickness; hence, the measure or dimensions of anything.
- (v. t.) A fragment; a bit; a little piece.
- (v. t.) A small quantity; a little bit; not much.
- (v. t.) A frame for casks to lie upon; a trestle.
- (v. t.) A piece or quantity cut for a special purpose; a sample.