• Scared Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scare
• Scar Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An isolated or protruding rock; a steep, rocky eminence; a bare place on the side of a mountain or steep bank of earth.
- (n.) A marine food fish, the scarus, or parrot fish.
- (n.) A mark in the skin or flesh of an animal, made by a wound or ulcer, and remaining after the wound or ulcer is healed; a cicatrix; a mark left by a previous injury; a blemish; a disfigurement.
- (n.) A mark left upon a stem or branch by the fall of a leaf, leaflet, or frond, or upon a seed by the separation of its support. See Illust.. under Axillary.
- (v. t.) To mark with a scar or scars.
- (v. i.) To form a scar.
• Scare Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Fright; esp., sudden fright produced by a trifling cause, or originating in mistake.
- (v. t.) To frighten; to strike with sudden fear; to alarm.