• Scud Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To pass over quickly.
- (n.) A small flight of larks, or other birds, less than a flock.
- (n.) Loose, vapory clouds driven swiftly by the wind.
- (n.) The act of scudding; a driving along; a rushing with precipitation.
- (n.) A slight, sudden shower.
- (v. i.) To be driven swiftly, or to run, before a gale, with little or no sail spread.
- (n.) Any swimming amphipod crustacean.
- (v. i.) To move swiftly; especially, to move as if driven forward by something.
• Scudding Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Scud
• Scudded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Scud
• Scudo Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A gold coin of Rome, worth 64 shillings 11 pence sterling, or about $ 15.70.
- (n.) A silver coin, and money of account, used in Italy and Sicily, varying in value, in different parts, but worth about 4 shillings sterling, or about 96 cents; also, a gold coin worth about the same.