• Sensibilities Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Sensibility
• Sensibility Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Experience of sensation; actual feeling.
- (n.) The capacity of emotion or feeling, as distinguished from the intellect and the will; peculiar susceptibility of impression, pleasurable or painful; delicacy of feeling; quick emotion or sympathy; as, sensibility to pleasure or pain; sensibility to shame or praise; exquisite sensibility; -- often used in the plural.
- (n.) That quality of an instrument which makes it indicate very slight changes of condition; delicacy; as, the sensibility of a balance, or of a thermometer.
- (n.) The quality or state of being sensible, or capable of sensation; capacity to feel or perceive.