• Setting Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of marking the position of game, as a setter does; also, hunting with a setter.
- (n.) Something set in, or inserted.
- (n.) The act of one who, or that which, sets; as, the setting of type, or of gems; the setting of the sun; the setting (hardening) of moist plaster of Paris; the setting (set) of a current.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Set
- (n.) That in which something, as a gem, is set; as, the gold setting of a jeweled pin.
• Sett Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) See Set, n., 2 (e) and 3.
• Setting-up exercise Definition & Synonyms
- () Any one of a series of gymnastic exercises used, as in drilling recruits, for the purpose of giving an erect carriage, supple muscles, and an easy control of the limbs.