• Sever Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To keep distinct or apart; to except; to exempt.
- (v. t.) To cut or break open or apart; to divide into parts; to cut through; to disjoin; as, to sever the arm or leg.
- (v. t.) To disunite; to disconnect; to terminate; as, to sever an estate in joint tenancy.
- (v. i.) To suffer disjunction; to be parted, or rent asunder; to be separated; to part; to separate.
- (v. t.) To separate, as one from another; to cut off from something; to divide; to part in any way, especially by violence, as by cutting, rending, etc.; as, to sever the head from the body.
- (v. i.) To make a separation or distinction; to distinguish.
• Severy Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A bay or compartment of a vaulted ceiling.
• Severalities Definition & Synonyms
- (pl. ) of Severality