• Shovel Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To gather up as with a shovel.
- (v. t.) To take up and throw with a shovel; as, to shovel earth into a heap, or into a cart, or out of a pit.
- (v. t.) An implement consisting of a broad scoop, or more or less hollow blade, with a handle, used for lifting and throwing earth, coal, grain, or other loose substances.
• Shoveler Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A river duck (Spatula clypeata), native of Europe and America. It has a large bill, broadest towards the tip. The male is handsomely variegated with green, blue, brown, black, and white on the body; the head and neck are dark green. Called also broadbill, spoonbill, shovelbill, and maiden duck. The Australian shoveler, or shovel-nosed duck (S. rhynchotis), is a similar species.
- (n.) One who, or that which, shovels.
• Shovelled Definition & Synonyms
- () of Shovel