• Singed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Singe
• Sing Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To tell or relate something in numbers or verse; to celebrate something in poetry.
- (v. t.) To influence by singing; to lull by singing; as, to sing a child to sleep.
- (v. i.) To make a small, shrill sound; as, the air sings in passing through a crevice.
- (v. i.) Ti cry out; to complain.
- (v. t.) To utter with musical infections or modulations of voice.
- (v. i.) To utter sounds with musical inflections or melodious modulations of voice, as fancy may dictate, or according to the notes of a song or tune, or of a given part (as alto, tenor, etc.) in a chorus or concerted piece.
- (v. t.) To accompany, or attend on, with singing.
- (v. i.) To utter sweet melodious sounds, as birds do.
- (v. t.) To celebrate is song; to give praises to in verse; to relate or rehearse in numbers, verse, or poetry.
• Singe Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To remove the hair or down from (a plucked chicken or the like) by passing it over a flame.
- (n.) A burning of the surface; a slight burn.
- (v. t.) To burn slightly or superficially; to burn the surface of; to burn the ends or outside of; as, to singe the hair or the skin.
- (v. t.) To remove the nap of (cloth), by passing it rapidly over a red-hot bar, or over a flame, preliminary to dyeing it.