• Sinus Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An opening; a hollow; a bending.
- (n.) A depression between adjoining lobes.
- (n.) A narrow, elongated cavity, in which pus is collected; an elongated abscess with only a small orifice.
- (pl. ) of Sinus
- (n.) A dilated vessel or canal.
- (n.) A cavity; a depression.
- (n.) A bay of the sea; a recess in the shore.
- (n.) A cavity in a bone or other part, either closed or with a narrow opening.
• Sinusoid Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The curve whose ordinates are proportional to the sines of the abscissas, the equation of the curve being y = a sin x. It is also called the curve of sines.
• Sinusoidal Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to a sinusoid; like a sinusoid.