• Sister Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To be sister to; to resemble closely.
- (n.) A woman who is closely allied to, or assocciated with, another person, as in the sdame faith, society, order, or community.
- (n.) A female who has the same parents with another person, or who has one of them only. In the latter case, she is more definitely called a half sister. The correlative of brother.
- (n.) One of the same kind, or of the same condition; -- generally used adjectively; as, sister fruits.
• Sisterly Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Like a sister; becoming a sister, affectionate; as, sisterly kindness; sisterly remorse.